We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Oily fish
A simple, yet delicious way of preparing trout. Enjoy with rice, potatoes or pasta.
117 people made this
- 2 (285g) whole trout, pan-dressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 60g butter
- 50g flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 8 slices lemon, for garnish
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Rinse and pat dry trout. Season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge trout in flour.
- Heat 1/2 of the butter in large frying pan over high heat until melted. Add trout and brown both sides. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove trout to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add remaining butter. Cook butter over medium heat until it just begins to brown. Add the almonds and brown.
- Pour sauce and almonds over fish and sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(124)
Reviews in English (90)
by Lori Evans
Lovely! I'm becoming a big fan of trout.SEANZILLA: 'Amandine' is right, it means "garnished with almonds." Almondine isn't a word in the dictionary.-20 Jun 2006
After reading the reviews I was wondering how such a simple recipe could rate so many 5 star reviews. I guess sometimes simplicity is best because this is truly wonderful. I cooked 2 large fillets (and used less than half the butter) and very lightly floured them. DH isn't a big fish eater unless he orders it in a restaurant where it comes covered with a rich sauce, but he told me 3 times during dinner how much he liked this. Thanks for the wonderful Trout Amandine recipe.-11 Jan 2006
This deserves more than 5 stars, it was the BEST fish I have ever had! I normally don't even like fish but my husband brought home some trout so I got this recipe for him to use and I could not believe how good this was!! We are having it again this week - Thank you so much for this recipe, it has made a fish lover out of me!!-06 Jul 2003