- Dish type
A rich, buttery biscuit base is topped with pecans and brown sugar, baked and then cut into squares. Perfect with a cuppa or serve with fresh berries and ice cream for an easy dessert.
1 person made this
- 225g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1 egg white, beaten until stiff
- 55g dark brown soft sugar
- 25g chopped pecans
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:1hr50min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix with electric beaters until smooth. Add the egg yolk and vanilla, then mix in the flour until just incorporated. Spoon the biscuit mixtue onto the greased baking tray, and spread evenly. Top with the beaten egg white. Sprinkle with dark brown sugar and pecans.
- Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Wow...just like my recipe but mine is doubled. Been craving these all month and finally made them tonight! So crispy and buttery.-20 Jan 2011