- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
Diced chicken rubbed with a paste made from blended coriander, mint, and other distinctive flavours. This recipe is cooked under the grill, but works well on the barbecue too.
95 people made this
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 10 mint leaves
- 2cm piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green chilli, seeded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 450g (16 oz) skinless chicken breast fillets, diced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- In a food processor or blender, purée the fresh coriander, mint leaves, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, green chilli and salt. Place the chicken in a large bowl, and rub with the mixture. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish, and grill 20 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(67)
Reviews in English (57)
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have now made this maybe a dozen times.My local Indian sells this as a starter and I wanted to try it. It is exactly the same, maybe even a little better. Really brings out the flavour of the chicken. For best results DO NOT over cook under the grill as to do this justice the chicken should be succulent.One point to make: I believe the recipe should say 1 teaspoon of salt. 1 tablespoon I believe was a typo as this completely ruins the marinade. 1 tsp is just right.-30 Apr 2013
Had this dish at my local Indian Restaurant and loved it, so thought I'd give this recipe a go. It was identical. Very simple and tastes fantastic!-01 Oct 2010
This recipe is flipping amazing.Would never have thought to combine lemon and mint for a savoury chicken dish. The flavours are so distinctive and taste so fresh even after cooking in the oven.If you are fed up of your usual chicken recipes this is a refreshing and different flavour. I love, love, love the flashes of mint that pop into my mouth when I'm chewing.I CANNOT wait to make this again. I jointed a whole chicken this time and left to marinade for a few hours then cooked it to eat the following day. I'll be trying with chicken breasts next time.-10 Jul 2015