- Dish type
- Side dish
- Chilli sauce
A creamy, fresh and spicy avocado sauce made from fresh tomatillos, chillies, coriander and avocado. Serve with fried tacos or as a dip with corn tortilla chips.
15 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 200 g
- 5 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 3-4 Scotch bonnet chillies or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and quartered
- salt to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- Process the tomatillos, chillies and coriander in a blend until smooth. Add 1 avocado quarter and continue blending until the avocado is fully incorporated into the mixture; repeat with each piece of avocado. Season with salt; continue processing until smooth. Serve immediately.
You may need to hunt around for fresh tomatillos.They are now grown in the UK and are available at speciality stores.
If serrano chillies are available, use these instead of Scotch bonnets.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (17)
Very tasty. I used serrano chili peppers - scotch bonnets would have been too hot for us.-20 May 2013
I make a very similar recipes from Rick Bayless that adds a small white onion to blender also. Delicious everytime.-22 Sep 2010