We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
A minestrone soup is usually a mishmash of ingredients. The soup is made with Italian sausage, vegetables, pasta and herbs, then topped with Parmesan to serve.
85 people made this
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 225g Italian sausage, casings removed and discarded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 55g ditalini pasta or any small pasta shapes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 40g fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Stir in sausage, onion and fennel seeds and cook until sausage is brown, 10 minutes. Stir in carrots and celery and continue to cook and stir until vegetables begin to colour, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, basil and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta, salt and pepper, cook until pasta is tender, 10 minutes more. Serve topped with grated Parmesan.
Is a fresh sausage that is spiced with fennel and/or anise. If this is unavailable, substitute in any highly flavoured sausage.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(102)
Reviews in English (80)
by Mark Martinico
I stumbled across Stacey Kauffman's Sicilian Sauage Soup recipe about a year and a half ago (on a search for an interesting minestrone), and I've been making it about once a month ever since! It's been a big hit with friends and family, and I often get requests for it.The only modification I make is, I add a few cloves of chopped garlic to the mix.But with or without the garlic, it's a darn tasty soup!-09 Oct 2002
This is AMAZING soup. I used turkey sausage & added about 4 cups of Kale at the very end and simmered it for 3 extra minutes. OMG Perfection!! Thank you!!!-29 Sep 2007
This was a really good soup! I doubled the amount of sausage, broth, and tomatoes, but left the amount of veggies the same. I also added a little garlic and crushed red pepper. We will definitely make this again!-25 Sep 2007