We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Mushroom chicken
A convenient midweek dinner combining chicken with a creamy sauce of mushrooms, sherry and soured cream.
35 people made this
- 6 chicken breasts - with skin and bone in
- 1 (295g) tin condensed cream of mushroom soup, such as Campbell's
- 1 (300g) tin chopped mushrooms, with liquid
- 1 (284ml) container soured cream
- 120ml (4 fl oz) sherry
- 1 tablespoon paprika
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:1hr15min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Place chicken breasts skin-side up in a large baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine soup, mushrooms with liquid, soured cream and sherry. Mix well and pour mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for about 1 1/4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender, and juices run clear.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(95)
Reviews in English (79)
My husband and I absolutly love mushrooms and this recipe really makes them shine. The only thing I did differently was used fresh mushrooms and sauteed them in white wine and butter. When they were sufficiently cooked I added the mushrooms and their leftover liquid to the recipe instead of using canned. This is a keeper, Thanks a lot.-07 Feb 2004
by POLLY HOOPER
I loved this recipe. I used boneless skinless breasts which I pounded thin between waxed paper. I browned for a few minutes each side in olive oil. The thin breasts cooked up tender in only 30 minutes in the oven. We love mushrooms so I doubled this ingredient. My husband went nuts over this. Definitely something I would do again and again. I think it could be used for baked pork chops also!-27 Jan 2001
I haven't tried the recipe but would like to comment on the negative responses. If you don't think its something that you would care to try, that's your opinion but no need to bash someone's recipe because they choose to use canned soup and canned veggies. I prefer natural ingredients and fresh veggies as well but that's my preference. I don't see anything wrong with using canned ingredients as a shortcut.-03 Sep 2015