- Dish type
- Green salad
- Rocket salad
Rocket is combined with pear and red pepper in this delicious salad, before being tossed in a citrus dressing. Garnish with croutons, toasted walnuts or sunflower seeds.
33 people made this
- 75ml freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 75ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 175g pre-washed wild rocket, roughly torn
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine grapefruit juice, orange juice, olive oil and salt. Shake vigorously.
- In a salad bowl, combine rocket, pear and red pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(35)
Reviews in English (26)
by LUVIN SPOONFUL
A nice alternate from the regular salad, especially if it's the dinner club. Next time though I will use a more tart yellow grapefruit rather than the sweeter red, just to suit my own taste. I added a sprinkle of sunflower seed as well to compliment the arugula.-15 Feb 2004
by Stephanie S
I changed the recipe a bit by just using orange juice and eliminating the grapefruit juice. It turned out mild and delightful and I plan on making this dressing often from now on. As far as the salad itself, I added the suggested walnuts plus a few little bits of goat cheese which went well with the juicy pear.-01 Feb 2007