- Dish type
- New York cheesecake
A simple, yet perfect cheesecake recipe. Serve as is or topped with your favouring topping.
100 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 23cm round cheesecake
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed into fine crumbs
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 750ml soured cream
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:5hr10min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Mix biscuit crumbs, walnuts, cinnamon and melted butter together. Press on bottom and sides of a 23cm round springform tin.
- Combine 3 well-beaten eggs, cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla and almond extract. Beat until smooth. Blend in the soured cream and pour into the biscuit base.
- Bake at 190 C / Gas 5 for about 35 minutes or just until set. Cool. Chill well, about 4 or 5 hours. Filling will be soft. May be served as is or topped with your favourite fruit topping or glaze.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(87)
Reviews in English (75)
excellent! I did cut the sour cream in half and cooked it for about an hour, then just shut the oven off and walked away from it until 5 hours later. No cracks and very firm.-15 Nov 2006
by Jenna Rae
Next time I will omit the almond extract, it was a little overpowering for my family's taste. I followed advice and used only 1.5 cups of sour cream for a thicker cheesecake, which worked beautifully.-15 Aug 2005
by Marion Morrison-Pasternak
Wow! Great cheesecake and so simple. I did cut the sour cream in half as I prefer a firm cake. Decorated with whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle-no one believed I made it!! Thanks for a GREAT recipe.-02 May 2004