We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
- Mashed potato
A rich and creamy potato and parsnip puree that gets a little bit of a punch from horseradish. Delicious with roast beef or ham.
14 people made this
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 tablespoons milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Place the parsnips and potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Mash or transfer the potatoes and parsnip to a food processor; mix until smooth. Add the milk and horseradish; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (11)
Mad lovely soup base with the left overs too-22 Feb 2014
I didnt have any evaporated milk so just used semi skimmed, but eben so this was delicious and will definately make this again.-20 Dec 2012
So tasty! I made it with Dijon mustard rather than horseradish, as I'm not partial to the latter. However, it was so good! (I used a little less of the measurement stated with the substituted mustard.)-16 Apr 2012