- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
- Baked potato
This is the closest I can get to the real thing. Try adding oregano for traditional Greek flavour.
581 people made this
- 75ml olive oil
- 350ml water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- ground black pepper to taste
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Ready in:1hr45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, water, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, stock cubes and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of a medium baking dish. Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes. Cover, and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until tender but firm.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(627)
Reviews in English (462)
This was easy to cook and the family loved it and wanted more. I cooked it for the full 2 hours. Fantastic!-30 Nov 2015
This recipe really does remind me of my holidays in Kefalonia. When served with some grilled or bbq'd meats and a Greek Salad, you could almost be back in your favourite taverna!-03 Jun 2013
Very nice but would not add so much water next time-11 May 2014